Monday, October 16, 2006

Google's Docs and Spreadsheets

Google just recently put up some great free tools. If you, like most people, do not use every tool that is available with Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel then Google’s new programs are great. They are a set of free tools that are online and are free. You do need to be connected to the net to continue working on them. Essentially you can type up a message and print it or save like usual on your computer or leave it online. Two features I really like are the collaboration feature that allows at least two people anywhere to work on the same document at the same time. You also can save your work as a PDF that anyone can open. New tools are coming soon. Take the tour before you signup. Remember the signup is free and once you have an ID then you can use the other tools I may mention here. There are other online tools like this but this combines Google’s search engine with an easy to use interface.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you on Google's payroll? There are
other services like Yahoo, e.g.

Shane Sher said...

While it is true there are other services besides Google like Yahoo the ease of use is what I am concered about. If something is user friendly and smart then I want to recommend it. If Google keeps adding more tools then they are going to be a site that I go back to.

Anonymous said...

Yahoo is equally easy to use and
probably has a spell-check as well.I don't think it is wise to put all the eggs in Google's basket - soon there may be no competition for Google if people
like you support Google only

Shane Sher said...

I do not support only Google. I have mentioned Yahoo when they have a feature or product that should be talked about. I find thier mapping feature has better reseloution than Google's but I find it to be harder to use. There have been many other sites and products I have listed in the short time I have been blogging ,but please if you have recomendations that others would appreciate, send them on.