Tuesday, January 09, 2007

“Bill Gates is a very rich man today .. and do you want to know why? The answer is one word: versions.” Dave Barry


The other day I needed an application to record something on my computer but where to find it? If I go to a search engine I will find page after page telling me how good their software is. Sometimes I will find what I need but more often than not, I will get complete junk. I usually go to VersionTracker. This is an extremely useful site to find all sorts of software. The most helpful feature is the comment section under the descriptions of what the software does. I can scan through this to see if I should try it or not. This also helps me weed out the malicious stuff from the gems. I use it as a reference to check whether or not I have the most up to date apps as well. This saves me a lot of time instead of checking many sites. Much of the software is shareware but there is so much that is free, it is unbelievable. Give it a try!

No comments: