Monday, June 18, 2007

“Popularity is the one insult I have never suffered.” Oscar Wilde


Recently I was doing a search for something and I wondered how many other people were doing this exact search at the same time. Google has a page that is called Hot Trends. It is fun to watch what people consider to be the most important thing to search for at any given moment. However it also gives a lot of other information like the location where most of the searches are coming from or what time they fall into. Also it gives alternate searches that turned up the same results. I don't believe this will help you get work done or make you a better person but sometimes it very useful to see what the hive mind is looking at today. I found a few things using this feature. So if you want to see the world's largest popularity contest give it a try.

No comments: