Monday, October 01, 2007

“Creativity shouldn't be following radio; it should be the other way around.” Herbie Hancock

I have heard the same discussion over and over again. People are saying that the net is stopping people from being social or doing things they would have done without it like read a book or create art. Even the musician Elton John has said “The Internet is getting in the way of people creating good music.” I believe this to be an old fashioned idea and a falsehood to boot. As you will see in some of the following posts some people’s reactions are just the opposite. It has given them an outlet to be more creative than ever. I hear a lot of music from “amateur” artists that would never have gotten air time on the radio. I see art and design work that blows you away. I do more projects like cooking or DIY away from the computer because I read about them online. The internet puts creativity in our hands.

Note: I know I do not usually put two photos but this one of Herbie Hancock in front of old computer is awesome.

Note 2: Please, if you feel strongly on this subject, no matter what side you are on, leave a comment.

No comments: