Thursday, January 24, 2008

“Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.” Maya Angelou

A long time ago I setup a list of all the free software I recommended for students that was free. One of those programs was Avast which is a free antivirus program for PCs. Many people scoff at a free antivirus program because there has always been a sentiment that if it is free how good can it be? However this nice program in test after test has shown that it does a great job even when compared to any of the store bought ones. PC World magazine chose it as their top antivirus program. Avast is available for both XP and Vista. Also from many reviews I have found they talk about the fact that it does not try to take over the entire system and slow it down. This is always a big problem for some of them. Many make the computer so slow it feels unusable. I guess the thought is to make it so slow that you cannot use your computer and get into trouble. I will take Avast until there is something better. Give it a try.


Note: I am also a fan of AVG antivirus as well.

No comments: