Friday, May 09, 2008

“You cannot tailor-make the situations in life, but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations”

If you were using the net when it was younger your main wants from a search engine would be faster searches and more results. The idea of more relevance and rated results was to come eventually. Today people do not just want results but they want results tailor made for who they are. So to help with this search engines with a specific audience in mind have started sprouting up. The two that I want to mention today are Yahoo’s search engine Shine and Rushmore Drive. Shine is aimed at women and Rushmore Drive is aimed at a black audience. Both seek to provide news and stories that appeal to their specifics. I find both sites do their job well however in typical Yahoo style there is an overabundance of information. A little too much for my taste where Rushmore is setup more like Google, that is to say sparse with choices waiting to be chosen. My opinion on these sites should be taken with a grain of salt because I am not the target audience for either site. I personally only look for geek oriented sites no matter the sex or race but that is just me. So if you want a website that feels made for you then give one of these a try.

No comments: