Friday, January 16, 2009

“If any man wishes to write a clear style, let him first be clear in his thoughts.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

A while back I wrote about a website to download fonts for your projects. After a while I couldn’t find what I was looking for so I started searching around and came across DAfonts. It is a decent site that has over 8000 fonts. I love that they display all of them in a large format. Many font sites have small examples and after you go through all the trouble of downloading and installing, you realize it is not what you were looking for. The site is super simple with just what you need. It has a quickie intro of how to install the fonts and to download them just click the button to the right of any font. Fonts are good for any project. There is a strange common myth that you must install fonts for each program. This thankfully is not true. One you install a font in the system it will be available to any program that can change its writing style. I use many different fonts for Photoshop projects and Microsoft Word sheets. Give it a try and for geek’s sake, stop using comic sans.

No comments: