Friday, October 27, 2006

Where the Heck am I?


I have always liked maps and geography. For people like myself there are giant amounts of great sites that allow you to view geography and satellite images. Some of the sites are basic like Google maps. When you look at this one don’t forget to try the satellite and hybrid views at the top right hand corner. However for the best satellite close-ups I recommend try MSN’s Virtual Earth.The resolutionis very high. I find this one takes a bit of getting used to but once you do it is very good. Now the cream of the crop is a program that you must download. It is called Google Earth and is free. This one is awesome! You can look closely at any place on the planet. It gives info from elevation to where the local bars are. It is for both Mac and PC so give it a try.

Also there is a podcast on Google Earth to get you started.

No comments: