Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I don't have to look up my family tree, because I know that I'm the sap. ~Fred Allen


The food is cooked and ready for the Thanksgiving holiday but what relatives are invited? Maybe it is time to find out who your relations are. Try Heritage Quest for all the census data you need. Also if you come to the Library then you can use our subscription for Ancestry.com. But if you are not near a Providence Public Library you can still take advantage of some special information, till the end of November Ancestry.com is offering a certain records for free no matter where you are viewing it. They are releasing all the passenger lists from 1820 to 1960. This encompasses a huge portion of the current US population. Not only does it offer the list but descriptions and other information like what the person looked like or why they are traveling. I may not be able to find my family but my hero, the great Harry Houdini, was listed as a passenger on the site. Find some people to take part in the meal or just ask your neighbors and give it a try!

No comments: