Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Looks edible


Anyone who has taken a class with me knows I use cooking as an analogy for computers because it works well and I am always hungry. I plan to do some posts on recipes and other cooking subjects but today is a different one. Many times I wander through the Asian markets for something new and interesting. The problem is half the time I don’t have a clue what it is like a durian. This is a fruit that is so sweet on the inside but so horrendously bad smelling on the outside that it is banned in some subways. Now I don’t have a clue what to do with this so I check the Cook's Thesaurus. This site is strange one. It gives a picture and description of foods from all over the planet. This stops people like myself from cooking the most poisonous part of a plant and throwing away the good stuff. Give it a try.

No comments: