Wednesday, February 28, 2007

People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like. Abraham Lincoln


Many people leave their computer just the way they received it. I always need to fiddle with everything. As I go through different windows on the Mac I realize each folder has its own needs. What am I talking about you ask? Well if a folder has pictures in it I would like to see a preview of the picture to save me time or if I have trouble reading things, they should be printed in a larger text size. This is easy to do. Click on view and then view options. You can increase the icon size so they are easily distinguishable or increase the text size. If you are a neat freak try snap to grid to force your icons into position. Item info is nice if you like to see how large a file is or what dimensions a picture is all the time. If you have a lot of pictures outside of iPhoto then choose icon preview to see icon sized pictures. Lastly you can quickly organize your icons by having them sorted by name, size or whatever you feel like. One mistake I made when changing this stuff is that I forget about the choice at the top that says all windows or this window. Make sure you choose the one you want. If you want to change all at once choose "all windows". Give it a try.

No comments: