Wednesday, March 21, 2007

“My father gave me these hints on speech-making: "Be sincere... be brief... be seated."” James Roosevelt


Occasionally you would like to reference a famous speech. This is where the convenience of the Internet has taken over. A wonderful site called American Rhetoric has most of the famous speeches that are looked for. They even have some I wish I knew of like Ursula Le Guin's speech on being left handed. The great thing I love here is that they have the text, photos from the speech, and then you can listen to it or download it for later listening. This link is for what they consider the 100 best speeches. Also they do not just reference actual real speeches they have a source of must see movie speeches too. If you are looking for something to say maybe give this a try.

No comments: