Monday, March 05, 2007

“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless” Steve Allen


Information is everywhere and it is increasingly harder to stay on top of topics. I rely heavily on podcasts. What are podcasts? Think recorded radio broadcasts that anyone with a computer can create. Because it is so open you have amateurs to professionals creating stuff to listen to. You can find podcasts on every subject from the informative to the equivalent of vegging out. I listen to about eight a day. How do I get these wonders of modern science you ask? You have several choices of software. I use iTunes because I find it easy to use and sign up for new podcasts. Two other programs are ipodder for Windows or Juice for Mac. They are actually the same program under different names. The rest of the week I will highlight some places to find new podcasts and I want to share some of my favorites. Also the Providence Public Library has some Podcasts. I am working on putting new ones up but it is low on the list at the moment. Oh! The best part of Podcasts is not only are they informative and fun but they are free. Give it a try!

No comments: