Wednesday, April 11, 2007

“Space is the breath of art.” Frank Lloyd Wright



Many times I am using Microsoft Excel and I have text that does not seem to fit in one cell. There are many different ways to approach this. You could stretch the column so that it will fit more but this is not always the best solution. I usually click on the format menu and choose cells and the click on the tab alignment to get all my choices. Sometimes I use the orientation feature to change the angle of my text. This is decent to really give your spreadsheet an eye catching look. Also on the left there are many options to that alter where the text sits in your cell. However to deal with this particular problem I usually use my favorite wrap text to solve space issues. Now understand that you will be sacrificing some of the vertical space to correct the horizontal problem but that usually is not a concern. Give it a try.

No comments: