Friday, April 06, 2007

“Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach.” Aristotle


I have heard people talk about the internet as a vast waste of time when one could be learning something and expanding their mind. MIT Opencourseware addresses that. I have always dreamed of taking classes at the prestigious MIT but it happens to be rather expensive. However the new online ventures opens classes to anyone. Essentially you can go to the site and watch videos of the classes. They also give a list of reading material to follow along with and homework assignments. This is an idea that please me to no end. I can learn when it suits me and for the lovely price of zero dollars. Some classes are not videotaped because it is not practical to do so but for those tier are extensive notes lists and activities. This is one of their listed goals "Provide free, searchable access to MIT's course materials for educators, students, and self-learners around the world." I love this idea. Learn something new and give it a try.

No comments: