Friday, May 04, 2007

“Eliminating what is not wanted or needed is profitable in itself.” Phil Crosby


Many times I am searching on eBay and I am overwhelmed by the results. There are many ways to cut some of this down to size. One easy way is to use the minus sign. Lets say I was looking up something using the word computer. Now I get every possible model and maker. I realize I do not want one of those makers in this list, lets say Gateway. To do this my search should look like this computer -gateway. From now on if gateway is mentioned it will be eliminated from my search. However if I wanted to eliminate multiple words from the search I use parenthesis. An example of this search looks like this computer -(gateway, sony). I use this all the time but not just for eBay. It also works while searching on a search engine like Yahoo or Google. Give it a try.

No comments: