Friday, May 25, 2007

“I call everyone 'Darling' because I can't remember their names.” Zsa Zsa Gabor


To round out this mini discussion on Web 2.0 I want to talk about a feature that is used by most of the social sites. Folksonomies are user generated tags used to organize and describe things on the web. This usually takes the form of a cloud of words called a tag cloud. At the most basic level it is a jumble of words that range in size. This represents how much information there is on a topic. If it is large there is a lot of info, small, less so. Without this system it is just a jumble of non indexed information. Most of the social sites use this to make it easier to find information. Try some of the ones below to really get an idea. I am only listing tag clouds here today.
This ends Web 2.0 week for now but I plan on revisiting this topic because as the hive mind increases so will the uses. Give it a try.

No comments: