Tuesday, May 29, 2007

“If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.” Elbert Hubbard


I am on a constant search for answers to questions for myself or students. Many times I come across Yahoo Answers. I had used Google's version of answers but it paled in comparison to Yahoo's and you had to pay for it. Alright what is it? Essentially you go to the site and ask a question. If someone knows the answer they list it. Really quite simple. Also the setup of Answers is really...well...um..cute. I really like reading the questions others have because most of the time they are pertinent to my search and I seem to stumble upon other things I wanted as well. This is a great site for newer questions. If you have a question and no one seems to have a clue try Yahoo Answers and give it a try.

1 comment:

Carl said...

I happen to like Yahoo best as a search engine, I like their groups, I like their mail service and the concept behind Yahoo answers is clever. However this should be best left to polital discussions and not legitimate questions until Yahoo fixes some major bugs which I thought they may fix, however this appears to not be the case now. The Top Contributor feature has really gotten out of hand as I watch three Top contributors in particular get picked best passed mostly on this so called authority. An answer about ich in ponds just recently picked was totally incorrect and based on anecdotal comments, not science.