Friday, September 07, 2007

“Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done.” Andy Rooney


Today’s post is an easy one. Many times I am teaching a class on the Internet and a student may click on a link that we were not ready to go onto as a class. I need to have the student go back one webpage. Now I can have the student hit the back button at the top but if I am running out of class time I will go for a quick shortcut. The backspace button on the keyboard will go back a page. Now this seems a throwaway tip but I see a lot of people who do not take advantage of such a simple button. It allows you to keep your hands on the keyboard instead of switching to the mouse. However if you go to far back you may need to go forward by using the combination of Shift and Backspace. So if you are looking for a bit of extra speed give this a try.

No comments: