Wednesday, February 04, 2009

“Amnesia used to be my favorite word, but then I forgot it.”

We’ve all been there. You’re in the middle of a conversation and you are trying to describe something and you realize the word you were just about to say with such eloquence has just evaporated. No matter what you cannot think of it but you know it is just on the tip of your tongue. This website chir.ag has a project called Tip of your Tongue that is there to help. Let’s say you know the beginning of the word. All you do is type in the letters you know and on the right side of the screen it displays the possibilities. You can further filter out words by using the other options. As an example I typed in “AG” in the begins with section however I knew it also had a letter “T” somewhere in it so I added it to the filter. The word is less than 8 letters so I put that in. Finally I saw my word “Aglet”. Yes it is a real word. Look it up. I like the addition of the definitions. I find it really helps to clear up misunderstandings. I would except that this site would be perfect for the cheating…err…um…person having trouble with a crossword puzzle. The tip of the tongue thing can be so frustrating. I will be happy when they create a mobile version for the iPhone but until then I will keep using their site. Give it a try.

Note: Anonymous quotes are a pain to match an image to so you get something random. This image is from Worth1000.com

No comments: