Wednesday, July 29, 2009

“What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from.” T.S. Eliot

As you may have noticed dear reader that I have not put up a post for a while. I believe you are owed an explanation before I continue to post. Two things happened that caused the drop-off. First you may have read that Providence Public Library has split into two distinct organizations. One is Providence Community Libraries and the other is still Providence Public Libraries. This happened as of July 1st. As far as classes are concerned they are still in full swing. However they will only be held at the downtown location. You can find the newest schedule here. The second thing is that I lost focus as to why I started this blog in the first place. My original idea was to give a place for my students to go to when they are new to the Internet. I believe I achieved some success with this for a while. Unfortunately over time it changed to what started to feel like a trumpet of only what is new and not what is useful. As I attempt to restart this blog I plan to bring some basics back into the site with tips and good usable web stuff. I hope all of this makes some sense. It begins in the next post above this one. I thank you for your patience and your continued reading.

No comments: