Here is the PowerPoint I deliverd. Not sure how much help it will be but there it is.
Free photo editors
- Gimp - The closest to Photoshop. This is downloadable software and free.
- Picnik - Online editor. Has the ability to pull photos from all the major photo sites
- Picassa - Downloadable application for editing and organizing. Really great face recognition. Also a direct link to storing your photos online.
- Aviary -full fledged set of tools including an illustrator like app and even an audio editor
- Rsizr - rsizr is a Flash application that lets you resize JPG, PNG, and GIF images on your computer. With rsizr, in addition to normal image rescaling and cropping, you can also resize images using a new image resizing algorithm called seam carving (a method of image retargeting) that tries to keep intact areas in your image that are richer in detail.
- Because rsizr can be a bit confusing here is the help section that explains a lot.
- Photofunia - Change your pic
- Pixlr.com/express - this might be your best choice, Easy straightforward buttons that make sense.
- Animoto - A slide show maker that can incorporate photos and music
- Befunky - Quick easy templates to create strange images
- Stock Xchang
- Creative Commons - Copyright your image without actually going through the copyright process