Wednesday, January 24, 2007

“You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.” James Thurber


The other day I received an e-mail that told me about a child who had cancer and a request to send the e-mail on to as many people as I can. The reason for the chain letter is that the Make A Wish Foundation would give money for each person that it is sent on to for the child. Now, I get a lot of Internet hoaxes like this one that says that the senate voted to charge per e-mail. I say hoaxes but how do I know? I usually check Snopes.com to verify spam and other claims. Snopes has kept a running tab on what goes on out there with as many facts as possible. I looked this one up and it told me it started around 1997. Check this page to read the whole thing. Before you forward more junk on or even more serious, get taken in financially by an email hoax, look it up on Snopes first. Give it a try!

No comments: