Wednesday, August 01, 2007

“I don't mind what language an opera is sung in so long as it is a language I don't understand.” Sir Edward Appleton


I have written here about browsers before. However I think the only thing I said was you may want to get another browser other than Internet Explorer. The reason most people use IE is that it comes with most computers out there. There are two reasons I can give for switching. The first is the same reason we don all drive the same car. Some are better than others on gas or they have better options. Browsers are the same way some are faster or have options that you may like more. The second reason is that if everyone drove the same type of car it would make a thief’s life very easy. This means that there are many different ways of getting around IE to deliver junk, pop-up ads and spyware. Now this is not to say that other browsers do not have problems because they all do but sometimes one can be safer or smarter. No matter what the best way it to test drive them. So for the rest of the week I will write about IE alternatives. I have already spoken about Firefox so I am skipping that one for now.

To begin, let’s look at Opera. This browser has been around for a very long time since 1994. It is a very fast browsers. When I say fast I mean the page loads very quickly. It has some key features that are very nice like tabbed browsing, an easy bittorrent client, speed dialing and content blockers. To read up on what all of these actually do click here for the tour of options. Use the demos at the end of each feature. They do a really nice job. Give this browser a try.

Note: Many people have two or three browsers for different purposes

No comments: